Friday, August 29, 2014

"Let's Get Rowdy"

     Hello, friends! How's life? My life has been very busy. I got bronchitis the first week of my classes, and that was not thrilling. However, I am much better now, praise the Lord. In fact, I was so much better that I felt good enough to go to a concert that my church was hosting. Who was performing? The Attic Wolves! Um...you say. Who's that? Well, if you have not heard of the Attic Wolves, then you need to check them out. Add them to your Spotify, look them up on iTunes, buy one of their albums. I don't care; just give them a listen.

     Most of the Attic Wolves members actually grew up in our church. And one of them led my youth group's high school worship on Sundays for quite a while. So, of course our entire church was excited for the return of our "wolves" from their tour across the US. I grabbed my sister and her friend and we booked it to our church. The concert was, like I figured it would be, awesome. The band made our whole sanctuary thump, and the members encouraged us to "get rowdy" and enjoy the soulful tunes. We all clapped along, and several kids there danced around to the banjo and drums. And at the very end of the concert, we all worshiped together with some beautiful worship songs. The whole experience made me think of David in the Bible. He would get so excited about worship that he would dance and sing. There's no reason in the world why we can't still do that and praise God.

     So, give the Attic Wolves a try. Their lyrics are meaningful and intentional, and their sound is fun. Also, I'd suggest keeping an eye out for little concerts like this. It's a fun thing to do on the weekends. Many small bands perform free of charge, so this kind of activity is easy on the budget, too. Anyways, hope your Labor Day weekend is awesome. And don't forget! Try listening to the Attic Wolves. :) You may discover that they are your newest favorite band.

P.S. Here's the band's link. http://www.atticwolves.com/  :)

1 comment :

  1. Attic Wolves have a fun sound! Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs