Thursday, September 25, 2014

Autumn

     It's autumn! It is so hard to believe that fall has sprung upon us already. Wasn't summer just starting only a few days ago? That's what it feels like, anyways.

     When asked what is my favorite season, I always have a difficult time deciding which one I love most. There are parts of every season that I love. However, I know that many people love fall, including me. It's a beautiful time, and now, we can "officially" enjoy fall. Pull out your sweaters, mix some apple cider, and breath in the rich smell of tumbling leaves. Autumn is a time for quiet thoughts, warm actions, and new experiences. It's the season when we enjoy the smells of steaming chili, listen to Christmas music four months early (unashamedly), and go for cool walks. And I don't know about you, but I always feel inspired to write, and write a lot.

     Autumn has such a quiet beauty. It's there for an instant, and then it is gone. The leaves change from a watermelon green to pepper red and yellow, and then they are swept away by the searching breeze. So, as we go about our daily lives, from school to work and back again, we must remind ourselves to admire the falling leaves that create dancing shadows in the sunlight, to smell the scents of cinnamon and apple, and to listen to the haunting gust that brings back black and white memories. So, however you enjoy autumn, take the time to praise God for His creation before autumn disappears.

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs